none
VS2015 LightSwitch: navigation menue issue (Desktop client) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

on the client property window I have existing navigation groups and menuitems.

Now I added a new group and menuitems for the user and roles screen

and run my LS app in VS2015 IDE in debug mode

but the new group with roles and user screen do not appear.

However, I can add a menuitem for existing screens.

The solution builds without any errors.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:01 PM

All replies

• HI Bodo,

Could you show a screenshot about what you do? or you can enable diagnostics in lightswitch, perhaps it can give some hints why this happens.

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 18, 2015 2:00 AM
  • When you dix "user" and "roles" you are referring to the standards screens for Lightswitch management "Forms Authentication" ? they are only accessible to members of the Role "Administrators".

To grant permission to role "Administrators" in debug time (TesteUser), follow the instructions in this link

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff852013.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:02 AM
  • Thanks Angie,

here are some screenshot of my Lightswitch app:

My client type is set to "Desktop"

The following shows the client screen navigation structure:

My projects access control is set to Use Windows authentication and Allow all

authenticated users

When I run my app in debug mode (VS2015) the

Group "Verwaltung" and screens user and roles are not showing.

Thanks

Bodo

• Edited by BodoHH Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:35 AM
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 10:29 AM
  • Here are some hints:

Permissions are created by the developer on the Access Control tab of the Application Designer and the effect of those permissions is designed by writing code. For example, you might create a ViewSales permission to authorize users to view a Sales screen. In the CanView method for the screen, you would write code that only allows the screen to be displayed if the current user has been granted permission to view it. In addition to setting permissions to view screens, you can also create permissions to restrict access to individual controls on a screen, to data entities or fields of an entity, to queries and more.

Roles are created by the application administrator after the application has been deployed. A role contains one or more permissions. For example, the administrator might define a Sales role and assign the ViewSales permission to that role. The application administrator also adds users and assigns roles to users. For example, if Bob is in the sales department, the administrator might add Bob as a user by adding his authentication information, and then assign him to the Sales role. When the application is run, the code would evaluate Bob’s user information, see that he is a member of the Sales role, and display the menu item to display the Sales screen.

Every application has a default permission, the SecurityAdministration permission. This permission grants access to the Users and Roles administrative screens that are used by the application administrator. When publishing an application for the first time, you can provide authentication information for the person who will be the default application administrator. When that person first runs the application, they will be able to see the Users and Roles screens and define users and roles.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:20 AM