none
msvbvm50.exe, Visual Basic 5 needed RRS feed

• Question

• A structural design program I am using cannot work and is  requesting that I consult support.microsoft.com and download and install a file named msvbvm50.exe, a Visual Basic 5 installation file,  I assume.    I could not find this file or mention of it,...I saw some information on VB 6, but not VB 5.

I also tried downloading and installing the newer Visual Basic Express.  The program I use is still asking for that older visual basic file.  I am running Windows 7 (w/ service pack 1).  Called the structural design software company and they sent me a direct link to 'their' site saying they had the Title mentioned VB 5 executable file.  Clicked the link and was sent/downloaded a zip file that still only contained the msvbvm50.dll file, no executable.  Not that I'd know what to do with the executable even if I find it.  I guess I'd click it.  "Click".,,,,,like that. Or "Click-Click",....like that.  Should have gone into computer engineering, I guess.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi ddgg1983,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

After I checked the official website, I’m afraid, the link for msvbvm50.exe has been removed like you said. And you could just get Visual Basic 6 installation file currently.

As far as I know, if you could find the msvbvm50.exe file, you could double-click the exe file to install it and it will help to install dll files to the correct place.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi ddgg1983,

Sorry to bother you.

DId you meet the error like "This application failed to start because msvbvm50.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." ?

If so, you could try these workarounds from this page for your project.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Note:Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 
    Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.
    There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hi friend,

Do you have any update?

Please feel free to let us know if your issue has been solved or not.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 9:15 AM