Changing Account Ownership TFS Cloud

Question

• Hi,

I wanted to change my TFS account owner.

I added a new user using my original user which is the account holder.

I then signed out and into the new user and removed the original user instead of using the original user to change the account owner in settings.

I now have added the original user back and it picks it up as account owner but when i try change the account owner to the new user it says "Access Denied: xxxxxx@ Hotmail.com needs the following permission(s) to perform this action: Edit collection-level information".

I then went and changed the original user and new users rights to allow edit collection-level information but it still does not want to work.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rgs

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

To change account owner, log on with original account owner, add the new LiveID account to collection administrator group or a group has edit collection-level information permission. Log out from original account owner, log in with new account, go to administrate page to change the account owner. For detail steps, you can refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/TFService/thread/9c7f7da2-d71d-48f5-9a09-4121684c3924

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:23 AM
  • Hi,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reopen it or submit a new question. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 18, 2013 10:49 AM
  • I have followed the procedure and still get the error:

Access Denied: USER needs the following permission(s) to perform this action: Edit collection-level information

Even when I have logged the USER in. And the destination user has been already added to the  Project Collection Administrators.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:09 PM