none
Invoke the class library through the WCF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I create a WCF service which will invoke the clas library.

Can suggest me the clue?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• We are not able to understand your question. Can you please elaborate?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 9:00 AM
  • i created a class library which is taking the values from 5 different tables and storing these values in sixth table but the columns remaining in the sixth  table except the other colunms which will filled by the 5 different tables will have to filled with certain hardcoded values through WCF service.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:41 AM
  • Hello, to invoke a method in a class library from a WCF service or whatever else, you can create a new instance of the class inside the class library, and then invoke the method:

MyClassLibrary.MyClass c = new MyClassLibrary.MyClass();

c.MyMethod();

Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    If you have feedback about forum business, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com. But please do not ask technical questions in the email.
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:17 PM
  • but how can i create a WCF service because i am new to a WCF service?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Hello, You can create a WCF service using visual studio templates. File -> New Project -> WCF -> WCF service application. This creates a default service with sample operation contracts. You can add more to it as needed.

Here is a getting started tutorial on WCF : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms734712.aspx

• Marked as answer by Yi-Lun Luo Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:14 AM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 5:02 PM