none
How to install VS 2010 msdn independently

Question

• Hi,

I installed VS 2010 and atlast installation promt me for msdn installation.But I didn't install MSDN at that time alongwith installation of VS2010.

Now I want to install vs2010 msdn. When I run the disk again it doen not show me the msdn install option.

How can I install VS 2010 msdn only?

Cheers,

Sejal

Thursday, July 29, 2010 1:58 AM

Answers

• The entire updated MSDN Library is available online, which is where most people access it. The Visual Studio DVD does contain a "ProductDocumentation" folder that weighs in at over 1 GB. In Visual Studio, under the Help menu, go to "Manage Help Settings" and then "Install content from disk." Point it to the HelpContentSetup.msha file in your ProductDocumentation folder.

Jibran Jamshad (www.geekdeck.com)

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:05 AM

All replies

• The entire updated MSDN Library is available online, which is where most people access it. The Visual Studio DVD does contain a "ProductDocumentation" folder that weighs in at over 1 GB. In Visual Studio, under the Help menu, go to "Manage Help Settings" and then "Install content from disk." Point it to the HelpContentSetup.msha file in your ProductDocumentation folder.

Jibran Jamshad (www.geekdeck.com)

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:05 AM
  • Hi Varasada,

Thank you for your post in MSDN forum!

Thank you for jibran's participation here!

I would encourage you could try to do via jibran's suggestion.

If you have any findings and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:15 AM
  • Hello Larcolais - Thanks very much for your support!
    Friday, July 30, 2010 6:21 AM
  • Any updates on this thread?
    Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:51 AM