none
How to export test cases from HP Quality Center to Excel ?

Question

• Hi 

I'm in the process of migrating test cases from HP QC to TFS.  For that, I need to export test cases from QC to excel and then import them from excel to TFS. Can anyone help me out on how to export test cases from HP Quality Center to excel sheet ? 

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 10:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi win2xl,

Please see this thread: Migrate Test Case from hp Quality Center to TFS2010.

-Tejas.

Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:00 AM
  • Hi win2xl,

Thank you for your post.

The link Tejas post out provide some information about migrate test case from QC, of couse, you can make a try by following the method metioned in the case. But, base on this issue is relate to HP QC, i suggest you go to forum like http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Center-Support-and-News/bd-p/itrc-895, you can get more information about how to export test case from HP QC.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:37 AM
  • You could use http://tcmimport.codeplex.com/ for migrating test cases from excel to TFS
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:22 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Tejas,

Thank you for your reply. From the link which you sent, I found out its a third party tool called Scrat which can do the migration . Currently we are not looking into using this automated tool. 

I am considering to first manually migrate the test cases from QC to an excel sheet which I need help with . Any help as to how I can export tc's from QC to excel is greatly appreciated. 

- Win2xl

swapna

Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Thank you nivedita , I was looking for exporting test cases from QC to excel . I dont think test case migrator plus tool does that . 

Win2xl

swapna

Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Hi win2xl,

You want know how to export test case from HP QC to excel, it seems do not relate to TFS. What about go to HP QC forum for help?

Thanks,

Friday, May 04, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Here is utility to export test cases from HP ALM/QC to MS Excel sheet. Currently, it supports the following HP ALM/QC versions:

• 11.5x
    • 12.xx

To download the export utility: Tritusa(dot)com(dot)au

Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Link to down the utility: http://www.tritusa.com.au/alm-test-case-export-utility

Do you want to export test cases with test case steps from HP ALM? HP ALM Test Case Export Utility provides simple solution to export your test cases into excel format. You can choose to export a particular test case or group of test cases under a test case folder or multiple test cases or multiple test case folders from ‘Test Plan’ module.

The exported excel sheet can be used for many purpose such as archiving, test case migration to another test management tool or another HP ALM instance, test case mass updates, offline test case review/update process.

Supported ALM versions                :  11.00, 11.52, 12.xx
    Prerequisites                                  : HP ALM client registration

Additional details: 

• Export test cases based on Test Plan folder structure
    • Export test case(s) bases on specific folder path(s)
    • Export test case(s) based on test case id(s)
    • Choose the fields you want to export (standard or custom)
    • Support ‘Call to Test’ functionality (test case within a test case)
    • Save your export field mapping details
    • No installation
    • Local admin rights NOT required

Monday, July 04, 2016 3:37 AM