none
Error during migration from clearcase to TFS using integration tool:

Question

• Hi,

I'm getting below error,  when trying to migrate the code from clearcase to TFS using integration tool. I am able to create the new session but when i try to save to database, getting the below error. Please help here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ambresh

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Patil Ambresh,

Thank you for posting here.

Did you install .net framework on your machine? What is the version of your framework? Please share the TfsMigrationShell log here if is possible here. And I suggest that you could try to download and install the latest version of the .net framework here, then check the result again.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Hi Limitxiao,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using TFS integration tools  to migrate from CC to TFS. TIP tool is using SQL server 2012 enterprise edition. 

migrating from CC version 7.1.2.0 to TFS 2015

PFB the TfsMigrationShell logs for your reference.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:16 AM
  • Hi Patil Ambresh,

Could you please try to download the latest version of .net framework, then try to do the migrate again? Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 9:39 AM
  • I have .Net Framework 4.0 installed. But I am still not able to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ambresh.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Hi Patil Ambresh,

Based on this page, it may cause some error in TFS2015, and it will not be supported after May 31, 2016. You could try to download the integration tool from the marketplace and check the result again. It is also really hard for me to trouble-shot this problem. About this issue, you could submit your issue to the developer community, Microsoft is listening to you feedback there:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:39 AM
  • Thanks a lot Limitxiao!

The above issue is resolved but I have hit another road block. I am able to save the configuration to the database but when I start the migration, it stops immediately with the below error.

Please find below the configuration that I have used to migrate.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ambresh

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Hi Ambresh,

Sorry for the delay first. According to the error message, the Root: M:\ does not exist. Please make sure it exist, and you could change it to another path and check the result again.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:07 AM
  • Hi Limitxiao,

Thanks fot the response, 

I tried mapping to some other drives, but no luck. Again I'm getting the same error, can you please  let me know any tools available to migrate from Clearcase to TFS GIT  or TFSVC apart from Integration tool?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ambresh.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:19 AM
  • Hi Patil Ambresh,

Microsoft released a tool to migrate from CC to TFS ten years ago, but the tool is not available now:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/bharry/2007/09/14/tfs-migration-synchronization-tool-for-clearcase-released/

About this issue, you could submit a feedback to the developer community:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/22/index.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards

Limitxiao Gao

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:36 AM