none
Report error - The definition of this report is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• I am using VS2017 and have created a rdlc report and I am using version 12 of the Microsoft.Reportviewer.Winforms. . It worked fine (got report with data) until I needed to add a report parameter to it. Once I did I got the following error:

Inner Exception 2:
    ReportProcessingException: The definition of this report is not valid or supported by this version of Reporting Services. The report definition may have been created with a later version of Reporting Services, or contain content that is not well-formed or not valid based on Reporting Services schemas. Details: The report definition has an invalid target namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2016/01/reportdefinition' which cannot be upgraded.

I did some research online and saw a proposed solution about changing the target server version under the project configuration settings but when I go there I do not see a general tab for Configuration. So I am stuck.

I also should add that I took the report parameter back out but now still get the error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Edited by J-Bal Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:27 PM
    • Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:30 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I will move your thread to SQL Server >SQL Server Reporting Services, Power View forum, if you have problems about visual studio IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:28 AM
  • Hi J-Bal,

Based on my research, I am not sure whether this issue is related to the report viewer control version. You could try to remove the original version of report viewer control and install new one and use the latest version of Net framework(4.6.1), then re-create the rdlc report to see whether it works or not. 

In addition,I find a similar thread for this issue, you could refer to this link for details.

By the way, you also could post your issue on asp.net forum and windows forms forum for more professional suggestions.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:56 AM