none
Create a C++/WinRT UWP library Visual Studio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• It is unclear to me what the appropriate project Visual Studio 2019 template is to make a C++/WinRT UWP library. I wrote a simple UWP app that scanned for Bluetooth Low Energy advertisements. I needed all this special C++/WinRT infrastructure to access the Bluetooth APIs. Now what I would like to do is take that Bluetooth code and make a library out of it.

How do I do that? It was so straightforward when using basic C++.

When using Visual Studio 2019 and filtering on C++ and library, the only options I get for a static or dynamic library that supports UWP is C++/CX. There are no options for C++/winRT.

Monday, April 15, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Sisansarah,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

C++/WinRT is an extension, it needs you to download. You can download from website: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=CppWinRTTeam.cppwinrt101804264 or from VS (Choose "Extensions"-->"Extensions and Updates", click "Online", search "C++/WinRT" ) as below.

Hope it is helpful for you, it any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know J

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:35 AM
  • Hi friend,

Is there any update for your issue? Or any confusion still not dismissing?

If you solved this issue, please mark it as answer, then I will help you close this thread. Thank you for your cooperation!

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:53 AM