none
there was an error running the selected code generator: 'The value -1 is outside the acceptable range of [0,2147483647]. Parameter name :value' RRS feed

• Question

• how to solve this ..

when I used Exception Filter then this error occur .i Can't able to add new view

Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Engr Qamar Abbas,

Sorry for delay in reply.

According to your description, I couldn’t directly find out the reason why it throws 'The value -1 is outside the acceptable range of [0,2147483647]. Parameter name :value'.

Could you please tell me more details information about how you used the exception filter in your application?  

>i Can't able to add new view

Do you mean you face the error when add new view?

If you could post more details information, it will be more easily for us to reproduce the issue and find out the solution.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi friend,

It seems that you've met same issue like this one. This issue has been reported to Developer Community, and it's under consideration now. You can vote and track its issue, then you'll get notifications when the product team has any update for this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 5, 2019 10:11 AM
  • I just found out how to solve it for me after attempting many things.

My solution was to first navigate to the project folder with the solution and delete the `packages`and `.vs` folders. Then in your project folder delete the bin and obj folders. Close your Visual Studio instance.

Next step is to navigate to your local user folder: Ex: C:\Users[userName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio You will see folders 16.0 or 16.0_e9eb2d6b (Depending on you VS version). Navigate to the second folder "16.0_e9eb2d6b" and delete the ComponentModelCache and Designer folders.

Last step is to open your solution project in VisualStudio and "Rebuild Solution" from the Build tab.

Now try to create a View in your MVC project.

I hope this helps!

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:47 AM
  • This didn't work for me... I still get the error when trying to create a View.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:48 PM