We have a TFS 2013 server (ServerA) in DomainA that we want to "migrate" to a TFS 2017 test server (ServerB) in DomainB. (New domain, new hardware, new TFS version). Both servers will be running on the same network for a while
Is this the proper order of the steps?
1. Backup ServerA's databases and restore them to ServerB (new hardware on new domain)
2. Install TFS 2017 bits on ServerB and do a pre-production upgrade (version upgrade)
3. Fix identity issues between domains
or is this the proper order?
4. Move ServerB into DomainA (so both servers are in the same domain)
5. Backup ServerA's databases and restore them to ServerB.
6. Make sure that SharePoint and Reporting services is working on ServerB
7. Run the pre-production upgrade on ServerB to upgrade it to TFS 2017
8. Add ServerB back to DomainB (need to patch identifies.)