none
Deploy of blank application on ios local device hangs. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to build a blank cordova application into my iPad Air 2 with Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise edition as i've already done it with success with the release candidate version.

I've got node.js v 4.2.2 on both machines since version 5.2.0 was hanging the build indefinitely, i've also got latest version of iTunes (12.3.1) as well as iOS 9.2 on the mobile device.

I've got the remote MAC set up and everything works fine for the building part, infact i've checked and the .ipa file is there at the end of the build into the folder "...\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\BlankCordovaApp1\BlankCordovaApp1\bin\iOS\Debug" and if i launch that it will correctly install into iTunes and the iPad itself.

The problem is that the build action with Configuration "iOS" and "Local Device" with the iPad connected to the windows 7 PC will hang indefinitely after copying back said .ipa file after writing this line into the Build Output:

2>------ Deploy started: Project: BlankCordovaApp1, Configuration: Debug iOS ------

No matter how much time i wait it wont start the debug session even if i authorized the pc onto the iPad and have my web Inspector turned on onto the safari options. At this point i have to interrupt the build to be able to work again.

What really gets me is that if i connect the iPad to the MAC machine and build with "Remote Device" option the build works fine and i can debug remotely from my windows pc, unfortunately working like that isn't an option since the Apple machine isn't in the same room of my developing machine.

Any insight about this issue would be really appreciate, thanks in advance.

• Edited by SBerardi Friday, December 11, 2015 9:34 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 9:24 AM