Add WCF Ria Services in Visual Studio Lightswitch 2013 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It's been 3 months now since I started using Lightswitch, and I can say that I've learned the basic and able to create simple Lightswitch application. However, I'm stuck when my Lightswitch HTML Client project requires a bit of advanced queries.

I’m currently using Lightswitch 2013 RC, and tried to check on RIA services, but I can’t seem to find related guide on how to make it work. Most of the guide related to RIA Services requires the Domain Service Class which for some reason can’t find in 2013 RC.

Here’s what I’m trying to do, hopefully someone out there can guide me to the right direction.

I have a Table name TimeData with the following fields:

Employee|Date|Job|Start|End|TimeDuration

What I need is to get the sum of TimeDuration group by employee, Job and date, this could be a query or another table called ProductionTable based on TimeData table.

I’m thinking of doing something like this, but not sure how to do it in Lightswitch,

“Select Employee, Job , Date, Sum(TimeDuration) as TotalTime from TimeData group by Employee, Job, date, Sum(TimeDuration)”

I’m hoping to get this using Ria Services but as I said I’m having a hard time due to missing Domain Service Class.

After creating the above query, I have to split the time by task. This will be another screen to enter manually the time spent for each task, for example I have this data

ProductionTable  (Header) – Result of the query

Employee            |Date                    |Job                       |TotalTime|

Peter                     | 9/1/2013           | Job Site 1          | 12

Task Table (Details)

Task Name          Assigned Hours

Task 1                    4

Task 2                    2             

Task 3                    6

Total Time           12

The Sum of Task Table must match with the TotalTime in the ProductionTable

Any advice and help is really appreciated.  Many Thanks

• Edited by Janx2av Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:54 PM
    Tuesday, October 1, 2013 10:52 PM

Answers