none
Deploying an outlook addin which contains a form region RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am trying to deploy an Outlook addin which contain a form region (using a windows installer). Everything working fine Except the form region. the form region is not getting deployed on the client machine. But it is working fine if I use clickOnce Deployment method. I am following the following articles.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc563937.aspx and
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc616991.aspx

Also I am setting the following registry entries for my formregion.

Under  HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Software / Microsoft / Office / Outlook /FormRegions

added a key 'IPM.Contact.MyForm'

with data

ChangeContactsDisplay.MyForm  --- REG_SZ --- =ChangeContactsDisplay

I am using VS 2008 , C#

am I Missing anything??

Thanks in advance
    Jaz

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 7:29 AM
    Answerer

Answers

• Also I notieced a strange thing,.. '

the manifest value I have given in registry settings of the target machine is changing from [TARGETDIR]ChangeContactsDisplay.vsto|vstolocal' to  '[TARGETDIR]ChangeContactsDisplay.dll.manifest'...

Is it expected behaviour???

Thanks
    Jaz
    • Marked as answer by jaz.jazEditor Monday, October 20, 2008 12:26 PM
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:16 PM
    Answerer
  •  jaz wrote:

the manifest value I have given in registry settings of the target machine is changing from [TARGETDIR]ChangeContactsDisplay.vsto|vstolocal' to  '[TARGETDIR]ChangeContactsDisplay.dll.manifest'...

this is a known bug in VS2008 and is fixed in VS2008 SP1.  the workarounds are listed near the bottom of the first page in this thread: How do you create an MSI to deploy a VSTO 3.0 Add-in

the cause of this bug is that the dll.manifest file would be correct if you were creating an msi project for Office 2003 solutions.

m.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:24 PM

All replies

• hi

any input here??????????????

Thursday, July 10, 2008 11:10 AM
    Answerer
  • hi jaz,

it looks like you've created the correct registry key according to Registry Entries for Application-Level Add-Ins and Specifying Form Regions in the Windows Registry.

i talked to one of the form regions testers about this, and he said that the bolded value of this key:

ChangeContactsDisplay.MyForm  --- REG_SZ --- =ChangeContactsDisplay

needs to match what you used as the folder name in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/Outlook/Addins to store the FriendlyName, Description, LoadBehavior, and Manifest registry keys. 

m.

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:35 PM
  • hi

But It is matching . I store my addin's details (
    FriendlyName, Description, LoadBehavior, and Manifest) under
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/Outlook/Addins/ChangeContactsDisplay

any idea??

thanks
    Jaz

Friday, July 11, 2008 2:34 PM
    Answerer
  • Also I notieced a strange thing,.. '

Is it expected behaviour???

Thanks
    Jaz
    • Marked as answer by jaz.jazEditor Monday, October 20, 2008 12:26 PM
    Friday, July 11, 2008 3:16 PM
    Answerer
  •  jaz wrote:

this is a known bug in VS2008 and is fixed in VS2008 SP1.  the workarounds are listed near the bottom of the first page in this thread: How do you create an MSI to deploy a VSTO 3.0 Add-in

the cause of this bug is that the dll.manifest file would be correct if you were creating an msi project for Office 2003 solutions.

m.

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:24 PM
  • Thanks Mary Lee.

That one worked

Jaz
    Monday, July 14, 2008 12:20 PM
    Answerer