none
Popup background color RRS feed

• Question

• HI

Im having a popup control whose content doesnt have a background color( set to transparent). But when the popup is rendered the whole popup has a black background.I tried playing around with the opacity masks but it aint helping.

Am i missing out on something?

thanks
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:23 PM

Answers

• Base on my understanding, you must set the Background property of the content. You can use direct value setting or data binding to set the Background property of the content. By default, Popup control renders nothing, so the color of Popup is black.

Best Regards,

Wei Zhou

Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:03 AM

All replies

• can you provide the code for it ?

if you are using javascript for pop-up (which i guess is the case)

then some thing must be done with the property of window that is displayed (u can use css for that

particular window)

regards

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 3:48 PM
  • I am not using javascript. It is a Xbap application.

thanks.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:15 PM
  • Base on my understanding, you must set the Background property of the content. You can use direct value setting or data binding to set the Background property of the content. By default, Popup control renders nothing, so the color of Popup is black.

Best Regards,

Wei Zhou

• XBAP sanboxed security mechanism doesn't allow you to use layered window, so it will be turn off implicitly. You need to set the Popup.AllowsTransparency to false, set its Background with the color you prefered.

Hope this helps
    • Proposed as answer by Jacky.king Tuesday, March 1, 2016 12:43 PM
  • Just set "AllowsTransparency = true" to the popup. This will solve the problem.

I know, I answered very late as I faced the same problem today and fixed using that because I didn't get a good solution here. Posted just to help others in future.

Remember: Please click on "Mark As Answer", if this answered your query partially or fully.
    Regards - Kunal Chowdhury | Software Developer | Chennai | India | My Blog | My Tweets | My Articles | Silverlight Tutorial
    Friday, February 11, 2011 5:26 AM
  • Just set "AllowsTransparency = true" to the popup. This will solve the problem.

I know, I answered very late as I faced the same problem today and fixed using that because I didn't get a good solution here. Posted just to help others in future.

Remember: Please click on "Mark As Answer", if this answered your query partially or fully.
    Regards - Kunal Chowdhury | Software Developer | Chennai | India | My Blog | My Tweets | My Articles | Silverlight Tutorial
    it works for me. I'm writting a WPF window application, not ones work in browser.

Sunday, April 1, 2012 12:17 PM