none
How to create 2017/2019 build definitons for many solutions automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

we are still using TFS 2015 and lots of XAML build definitions. The builds are all automatically created using a PowerShell script. We would like to upgrade to TFS 2017/2019 but need (and are willing) to re-create all of our build definitions from scratch using some new PowerShell script. However, I could not find any getting-startet sample code about how to programatically create a modern build definition. In the end we need definitions building VB and C# solutions (both in debug and release flavours) including SQL Server Reporting Services projects and MSI setup projects.

Can anyone point me where I could start creating modern builds automated? Thanks!

Best Regards, Stefan Falk

Monday, March 11, 2019 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks for posting here.

This forum is about the MSBuild(Discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.). 

As your issue is more related to the TFS build, I suggest that you could open an new thread on the stackoverflow or DeveloperCommunity with TFS tag. More community members on that forum may further look at your issue and provide more suggestions.

If you have some MSBuild questions, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:57 AM