none
[TFS Eclipse plug-in tools] The display double-byte question of source compare result in TFS Eclipse plug-in tools

Question

•             

Hi,

I am sorry, I post a question about TFS Eclipse plug-in tools on here because I can't post to "https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/post.html?space=22" ,and the website always display

"Access Denied We're sorry, but you do not have permission to do the activity you attempted.  If you believe this to be in error, please contact the site administrator(s). "============================ My Question as follow :

The TFS Eclipse plug-in tools  can't  display Traditional Chinese in source compare result correctly when source code is  UTF-8 format. and then we try the Big5 format source code, TFS Eclispse plug-in  have the same question.

(Our OS is default ANSI and Eclipse is set in UTF8 format or Big5 format).

=======================

Reproduce Step:
    1.Install Eclipse
    2.Install TEE
    3.Launch Eclipse Team Explorer connects to TFS
    4.Add a new file and enter some double-byte character
    5.check in file
    6.Edit the same file
    7.Check in the file again
    8.File -> View History -> Compare two version
    9.Can't display double-byte Character correctly.

the step in Visual Studio Team Explorer and the file compare windows is display double-byte character correctly.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 11:21 AM

All replies

• What doe TFS have o do with WCF with WCF being the forum that you have posted to?
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:59 PM
  • Hi yichen,

Thanks for your post.

This forum is used to discuss about WCF Developing issue, your issue is more related with TFS Eclipse plug-in tools which is not supported in MSDN Forum.

I suggest you go to Stack Overflow by tagging TFS.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:59 AM