none
Test execution in Microsoft Test Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Can the user execute test cases in Microsoft Test Manager(MTM) with multiple login in different time and MTM allow the user to continue test execution for the same test cases?
    Friday, April 19, 2013 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I understood correctly: Are you asking that 2 users run the same test case in parallel?

Yes, both will be treated as different runs and 2 test runs will get created. users should have permissions to run test case.

Or are you asking whether 2 users can run tests in different times?

Yes. they can run as long as they have permissions to run test case.

thanks,

venkata reddy

venkata reddy

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understood correctly: Are you asking that 2 users run the same test case in parallel?

Yes, both will be treated as different runs and 2 test runs will get created. users should have permissions to run test case.

Or are you asking whether 2 users can run tests in different times?

Yes. they can run as long as they have permissions to run test case.

thanks,

venkata reddy

venkata reddy

Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please free feel to reopen it or submit a new question. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lily Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Let me rephrase my question..

I have a test case with 10 steps.. while execution the test cases in MTM.. I completed 4 steps and my systems shut down or could not continue executing all the steps... Can I continue the rest all steps in a future login..

Bimal Das

Thursday, April 25, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

MTM doesn't auto save the test step result and you will lose what you have done on system crash/restart.

thanks,

venkata reddy

venkata reddy

Friday, April 26, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Thank you Venkata...is there any way to save the test execution in the middle after executing few steps and continue execution in future MTM login to complete the same test case.

Bimal Das

Friday, April 26, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Hi,

Once you mark the steps, save the test case and mark it as paused.

You can resume it when you want it later. For more information on pausing test case and resuming it:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/10/17/pausing-and-resuming-test-execution-from-the-test-runner-in-microsoft-test-manager.aspx

PS: This feature is available only in VS 2012 update 1 and above.

Thanks,

venkata reddy

venkata reddy

Friday, April 26, 2013 2:02 PM