none
How to add Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies in prerequities box? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am generating a excel application 2003 in VSTO 2008.

when i tried to generate set up of this excel application, I am not getting  Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies in prerequities box?

Can any one tell me how can i add Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies in prerequities box?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Gaurav Jain

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hello Gaurav,

Before following the steps Pranav suggested, please use Cl.exe command line to compile the Office component checker sample for the primary interop assemblies redistributable packages. For this office component checker sample (ComponentCheck.cpp), you could download a sample at the start of the MSDN page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332051(office.12).aspx. Please see the topic with "Preparing the Office Component Check", and it introduce the steps to compile component checker. I post these steps as below.

1. Open the Command Prompt window needed to compile the check.

If you are using Visual Studio 2008, open the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt by clicking Start, and then pointing to Programs, pointing to Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, pointing to Visual Studio Tools, and then clicking Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt.

2. At the command prompt, change the directory to {SamplesDir}\projects\Checks

By default, the SamplesDir directory is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office SE Resources\VSTO2005SE Windows Installer Sample Version 3\.

3. Compile the component checker by typing the following command 

cl.exe /Oxs /MT /GS ComponentCheck.cpp advapi32.lib
    4. Close the Command Prompt window.

5. Using Windows Explorer, copy the executable file ComponentCheck.exe into {SamplesDir}\packages\Office2003PIA and {SamplesDir}\packages\Office2007PIA.

Best regards,
    Bessie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Pranav Ainavolu Friday, May 28, 2010 10:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:54 AM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Gaurav,

You need to setup the bootstrapper package for PIAs in your development system inorder to add them as prerequisite to Setup Project.

To prepare the primary interop assemblies bootstrapper package

1. Download Office 2003 Update: Redistributable Primary Interop Assemblies from the Microsoft Download Center.

2. Run the primary interop assembly installer.

3. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, which gives you the right to package the primary interop assemblies as part of your installer.

4. In Windows Explorer, open the folder to which the installer extracted the files.

5. Copy O2003PIA.msi into the directory {SamplesDir}\packages\Office2003PIA.

For more details, please go through this link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332051.aspx

Hope this helps!

Pranav Ainavolu
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 12:18 PM
  • Hi Pranav,

I tried your solution but still I m not getting Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies in prerequisties box?

Can any one tell me how can i add Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies in prerequities box?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers

Gaurav Jain

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hello Gaurav,

Before following the steps Pranav suggested, please use Cl.exe command line to compile the Office component checker sample for the primary interop assemblies redistributable packages. For this office component checker sample (ComponentCheck.cpp), you could download a sample at the start of the MSDN page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332051(office.12).aspx. Please see the topic with "Preparing the Office Component Check", and it introduce the steps to compile component checker. I post these steps as below.

1. Open the Command Prompt window needed to compile the check.

If you are using Visual Studio 2008, open the Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt by clicking Start, and then pointing to Programs, pointing to Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, pointing to Visual Studio Tools, and then clicking Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt.

2. At the command prompt, change the directory to {SamplesDir}\projects\Checks

By default, the SamplesDir directory is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office SE Resources\VSTO2005SE Windows Installer Sample Version 3\.

3. Compile the component checker by typing the following command 

cl.exe /Oxs /MT /GS ComponentCheck.cpp advapi32.lib
    4. Close the Command Prompt window.

5. Using Windows Explorer, copy the executable file ComponentCheck.exe into {SamplesDir}\packages\Office2003PIA and {SamplesDir}\packages\Office2007PIA.

Best regards,
    Bessie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Pranav Ainavolu Friday, May 28, 2010 10:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:54 AM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 6:37 AM
  • HI Bessie,

It's worked.Thanks for your suggestion.

After creating Excel Application Set up,when i tried to Install Set up I m getting a error

"Error 1001: Cannot setthe security policy.The Specifed solution code group is not valid."

Can u tell me what is this error & How can i resolve this error?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Gaurav Jain

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:03 AM
  • I'm glad to see that you have been worked it out. But I think the last question you asked could be considered as a new question. Would you please start a new thread? That would make the whole community get involved to offer their help. However, you could first refer to see this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vsto/thread/c3091ee7-e5c9-4c37-af14-7cde79f6933e, and see if this helps you.

And I'll certainly follow up there.

Have a nice weekend,
    Bessie

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

Now when i m going to deploy setup of my excel application to my client I m getting a error:

Unable to satisfy all perquisites for Excel Application Setup. Setup can not continue until all System components have been successfully installed.

.Net framework 3.5 failed with the error message:-

"Administrator permissions are required to install the .net framework 3.5.Contact your administrator.

This is error.

I had already added .Net Framework 3.5 in my prerequisites.

Can any one guide me what is error & how can I resolve it?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Gaurav Jain

Monday, May 31, 2010 1:15 PM
  • I have done every thing you have suggested and nothing have been changed!

What do i have to do to install office addin with PIA file automatically???

Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:00 AM