none
Failed to initialize SQLSQM timer. One of the following can be the source of the problem: registry doesn't contain all necessary information, server instance name can not be retrieved correctly, failure during timer creation, etc.

Question

• Hi, 

New SQL 2012 cluster installation on Windows 2012. All patches applied. Error we get:

Event ID: 27
    Source: MSSQLServerOLAPService
    Failed to initialize SQLSQM timer. One of the following can be the source of the problem: registry doesn't contain all necessary information, server instance name can not be retrieved correctly, failure during timer creation, etc.

How can this be fixed?
    Thanks

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi pikul, 

For this issue, I would suggest opening a case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) (http://support.microsoft.com), so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist you in a more efficient manner.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:49 AM
  • Did you find anything in regards to this issue? I have the same in this moment

P. Araya

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:29 PM
  • hi, no not yet, is it SQL Analysis 2012 bug? 
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 6:26 AM
  • Have you had the database engine installed as well?  Or just the Analysis engine alone?

Regards, Vijay Pidikiti

Saturday, November 16, 2013 6:09 PM
  • This article worked for me

https://indepthsql.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/part-2-analysis-service-is-not-accessible-error-a-connection-could-not-be-made-to-redirector-ensure-that-sql-browser-is-running/

The short version is that I made sure that I gave full permission to the Analysis Service account to this path c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\9.0\Shared\ASConfig on both my nodes.

No more errors

I hope this helps

• Proposed as answer by Ramón Cuende Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:21 AM
  • In our case, we have detected in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\ASConfig\msmdredir.ini

in the list of ports

<Instance>
                <Name>XXXXXX</Name>
                <Port>2383</Port>            
            <PortIPv6>60110</PortIPv6>
            </Instance>

Any try from Management Studio to connect to Analisys Services shows the error related to 60110 port. ¿¿??

Deleting the line with PortIPv6 configuration or changing 60110 by 2383, will allow the connection after restarting the Analysis Service.

Regards.

Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:46 AM