none
Is it possible to associate a TFS build with a MTM test (and launch it) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new to MTM and I see that there is a possibility to associate automation. Unfortunately, this concerns a limited type of tests (selenium, etc.).

I can automate my test with a command line tool that I can launch with a TFS build and I'm wondering if it is possible, in my Test Plan, to have a test that would contain a manual step for initializing the context and that would have a link to the related TFS build that I could launch from my test plan ?

Is it a realistic option or do I have to describe the process in my manual test step in order to explain to the user how to launch this particular build ?

Thank you

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 7:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There isn’t such feature available in MTM.

You can build a app (e.g. web api) to queue build programming through Queue a build REST API, then post the api link to the build step.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:37 AM