none
Language of visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• When i install visual studio 2017 (downloading from internet) the environment is not in english, but in italian, my country.

How can i force to install in english?

Sunday, November 24, 2019 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    start Visual Studio Installer and install your languages.

After installation start Visual studio and change the language in Tools -> Options

--
    Best Regards / Viele Grüße
    Peter Fleischer (former MVP for Developer Technologies)
    Homepage, Tipps, Tricks

Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hi,

You could change it during you install the VS2017:

1.Open the Visual Studio Installer.

2.Find an addition under "Available" and click Install

3.Click on the "Language packs" tab and select a language

Please check in the following link and look up for more details:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40709064/change-language-of-visual-studio-2017-rc

PS: The next step is to help you switch between languages in the VS editor. Open the VS2017 editor as shown. Pop up the corresponding popup bar and select the last one.

In the dialog that appears, select the option pointed to in the diagram and then select the language on the right. Finally click the confirmation button in the lower right corner.

Finally restart the editor, and then the installation is successful.

Hope it be helpful.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:48 AM
  • Thanks for your help, but i do not have any Visual Studio Installer.
    Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

Search for it in the search box.

Best Regards,

Julie

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:14 AM