none
Build error: Failed to overwrite pdb file (MsPdbCmf.exe)

Question

• Currently in my build I am getting the following error:

MSPDBCMF : fatal error CMF1105: failed to overwrite 'D:\myrepo\src\.bld\proj.uap\bin\x64\Debug\uap10.0\proj.uap.pdb' (error code = 32)@ failed to open input PDB file for reading (PDB error code = 0)3 input PDB file is not generated by /DEBUG:fastlinkW must read and agree to the Data Collection Policy at  before using /errorreport:send1 warning treated as error; the PDB file is intact@ specified output filename is too long (exceeding 0 characters) [D:\myrepo\src\Apps\HelloApp\HelloApp.csproj]

I don't have access to source code for either MsPdbCmf.exe, or Microsoft.Build.AppPackage.dll (which I believe calls it).  Does anyone have any guidance on what could cause this or how to get around it?

Thursday, January 25, 2018 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi ceclauson,

Thanks for posting here.

This is known bug on the C++ team, This issue has been fixed and is now available in our latest update. You can download the update via the in-product notification or from here: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/

Hope this helps.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 26, 2018 7:41 AM