none
Problem deploying a dll in VSTO2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am developing an Excel addin in VS2008 with vb.net. I have purchased a dll which contains a number of classes relevant to my application. I have a reference to this dll and when I run the application on my PC everything works fine. The problem is deploying the application. The dll is not in the "Application Files\MyApp" folder in the publish folder after I publish the application.

I don't know if this is relevant, but when I publish my application I get a warning:

"Warning    1    No 'HomeSite' attribute has been provided for 'Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies', so the package will be published to the same location as the bootstrapper.". I have no idea what this means!

Can anyone offer some advice on publishing my application.

Thanks,
    Bernie
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The mean of this warning is shown as below:

As the Setup author, you can determine the prerequisites, and can specify whether to download them from the Web, to include them with the Windows Installer, or to download them from a predetermined location such as a network file share. Because you cannot directly download the primary interop assemblies' redistributable package, you must always include it with your Windows Installer. If you set the prerequisite installation location to the Web, you are warned that this particular package must be included when you build the Setup project, as shown here:

WARNING: No 'HomeSite' attribute has been provided for 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies', so the package will be published to the same location as the bootstrapper.

you'll find them in this article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa537173(office.11).aspx

To deploy additional files with Office solution please refer to this link:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837214.aspx

For the detailed steps of deploy Office Solutions please check the sticky thread of VSTO forum:
    Deploying Office Solutions to End User Computers

Thanks

We have published a VSTO FAQ recently, you can view them from the entry thread VSTO FAQ.
    If you have any feedbacks or suggestions on this FAQ, please feel free to write us emails to colbertz@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:54 AM
  • Hi Tim,

thanks for your response but I still cannot resolve my problem. I have tried to simplify the problem as follows:

I am now simply trying to create a ClickOnce deployment from a CD.

I have the following prerequisites checked.

- Windows installer 3.1
    - .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    - Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies
    - Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 3.0 Runtime service pack 1

Updates is set to 'never check for updates'.
    Using the Publish wizard I publish to a local folder on my harddrive.
    The default installation path is set to 'From a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM'.

I then get the following error:

'The install location for prerequisites has not been set to 'component vendor's web site' and the file 'DotNetFX35SP1\dotNetFX20\aspnet.msp' in item '.NET Framework 3.5 SP1' can not be located on disk. '

When I go to 'Uninstall or change a program' in the VISTA control panel it is clear that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed.

I would much appreciate any advise.

Thanks,
    Bernie
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:26 AM
  • Hello,

To above error please refer to this link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winformssetup/thread/997550a7-1d5c-403b-9271-65d1daf67d83

The prerequisites  ".NET Framework 3.5 SP1" only supports "Install Prerequisites from Component Vendor's Website"

Thanks

We have published a VSTO FAQ recently, you can view them from the entry thread VSTO FAQ.
    If you have any feedbacks or suggestions on this FAQ, please feel free to write us emails to colbertz@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bernie22 Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:46 AM