none
Is Visual Studio 'Express 2017 for Windows Desktop' no longer available? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

Please have a try with the following download link for Express 2017 for windows desktop:

https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vs_WDExpress.exe

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DavidTML Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:19 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:15 AM
  • Just an FYI, if you hover over the Express 2019 link, it actually identifies itself as Version 15. You should notice that it is the exact same link as Joyce linked.

So it looks like whoever updated the web page did a general search for 2017 and replaced it with 2019 without verifying if this was meant to happen.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

• Marked as answer by DavidTML Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:51 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:40 AM

All replies

• It is still there, if you scroll down around half way there is a section with the "Still want Visual Studio Express?" heading.

There is a link to Express 2017 there.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:38 PM
  • I think that Express 2017 is not there, I can only see Express 2019 and Express 2015:

Thursday, April 4, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

Please have a try with the following download link for Express 2017 for windows desktop:

https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vs_WDExpress.exe

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DavidTML Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:19 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:15 AM
  • Thanks for the link.

Best regards

David

Thursday, April 4, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Just an FYI, if you hover over the Express 2019 link, it actually identifies itself as Version 15. You should notice that it is the exact same link as Joyce linked.

So it looks like whoever updated the web page did a general search for 2017 and replaced it with 2019 without verifying if this was meant to happen.

• Marked as answer by DavidTML Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:51 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:40 AM
  • Thanks, that probably explains it. My understanding was that 2017 was going to be the last Express edition.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 10:50 AM