none
VSTO 2005SE Deployment Question RRS feed

• Question

• To all, thanks in advance for reading.

I've read the updated deployment posts, which I think were tremendously helpful to me.  Thanks for the time invested in making them.

I'm making an Excel Application level Add-In targeting Excel 2003.  I've gone through the listed steps of signing, prerequisites, and adding the build actions, but when i try to build  the setup project I'm getting errors on the Primary Interop piece:

------
    Error 1 No 'PublicKey' or 'Hash' attribute specified for file 'Office2003PIA\o2003pia.msi' in item 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies'. 
    Error 3 The install location for prerequisites has not been set to 'component vendor's web site' and the file 'Office2003PIA\o2003pia.msi' in item 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies' can not be located on disk. See Help for more information. 
    Error 4 No 'PublicKey' or 'Hash' attribute specified for file 'Office2003PIA\ComponentCheck.exe' in item 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies'. 
    Error 5 Could not find required file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2003PIA\ComponentCheck.exe' for item 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies'. 
    Error 6 General failure building bootstrapper 
    Error 7 Unrecoverable build error 
    -----

There was nothing in piece 2 of 2 for how to deal with the Primary Interop stuff, so I referred to Article 1.  I can't seem to compile the "cl.exe ... "  line as Article 1 of 2 suggsets because I didn't install C, C++ when i set up Visual Studio (using

VSTO, with VSTO SE download). 

So,

Question: How do I do this?  And more preferably, is there not a way to do this in .NET without resorting to a C++ script?

Thanks  again in advance,

GregM

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 3:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi GregM,

You should compile the ComponentCheck Sample and put it into the right directory.

As the article said, if you only install VSTO without VC, you can download and install .NET Framework SDK(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=fe6f2099-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&displaylang=en ).

And run CMD Shell by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, pointing to Microsoft Windows SDK, and then clicking CMD Shell.

Thanks

Ji

Thursday, October 11, 2007 7:59 AM
  • Hi Ji,

Can u tell me how can i compile ComponentCheck?

When i tried to build excel set up, i get a error

"Could not find required file "C:Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\Office2003PIA\ComponentCheck.exe for item 'Microsoft Office 2003 Primary Interop Assemblies'"

Can u guide me how can i generate ComponentCheck.exe File?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Gaurav Jain 

Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:01 PM