none
net32.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, in production, we are running server-to-server bidirectional service software, developed by us using c# net32.dll. 

We are looking to upgrade this setup as follows...  

Have many instances of the same service software on one server communicate remotely will many servers having one instance of service software.  Such that each server is associated with dedicated instance on a single target server. 

There are several caveats to this...

1. Make as little change as possible to original code.

2. On the multi-instance server, open only one listening tcp/ip port.

Any help is appreciated.

Sunday, May 13, 2018 4:53 PM

Answers

• My apologies.  It is in fact Borland's product.  I didn't realize that.  Sorry for the bother.
    • Marked as answer by rgelfand Monday, May 14, 2018 5:40 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 5:40 PM

All replies

• I don't see a question about net32.dll, just the contents of it. You should give your question a more significant title to help people decide whether to look at the question. You also need to ask a more specific question. What I would do is to learn about the possible solutions and then ask specific questions. For example, do you know what the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is?

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Sunday, May 13, 2018 7:06 PM
  • We are looking to preserve the code with net32.dll.  The issue is messages require target ip address.  Consequently, I can't use reverse proxy.  If I was able to specify target fqdn, I would have been able to route the request to a specific instance of the applicaiton.
    Sunday, May 13, 2018 9:47 PM
  • Hi rgelfand,

According to your description, I am not sure what is net32.dll, is it a 3rd-party dll, or it belongs to .Net framework?

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 14, 2018 2:56 AM
  • My apologies.  It is in fact Borland's product.  I didn't realize that.  Sorry for the bother.
    • Marked as answer by rgelfand Monday, May 14, 2018 5:40 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 5:40 PM