none
Different confing file cause :Multiple items cannot be passed into a parameter RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

in one simléple tets project I have add transformation extension for visual studio in order to be handle different config file settings based on projects configurations:

Actually I get app.Debug.config, App.Test.config and App.Release.config

The issue I met is that if I compile my project ina given configuration for the first time then all goes ok without trouble.

Then if I compile it a second time and have already folders Obj\.. and Bin\.. created due to previous compile, then it fails all time with error below :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error  "obj\Release\DataServer.TestHost.exe.config;obj\Release\DataServer.TestHost.exe.config" is an invalid value for the "ConfigFile" parameter of the "GenerateApplicationManifest" task. Multiple items cannot be passed into a parameter of type "Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITaskItem". DataServer.TestHost   

I need to manually deleted any existing Bin or Obj fodler before initating a new build.

Any idea what is going on and how to solve ?

I am using Visual studio 2017 (last update)

regards

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi wakefun,

It seems this issue is relates to the transformation extension, which is a third party extension, please try to consult with the owner of this extension to seek for a better support, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by wakefun Friday, October 19, 2018 1:34 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Try this link, where you need to remove the Itemgroup from your <g class="gr_ gr_44 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="44" id="44">Csproj</g> file. Worked for me

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e79fa15-e409-4347-8d2f-3ba92f2e8e20/error-during-clickonce-publishing?forum=wpf

• Edited by KarthikeyanVKMVP Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM
    • Proposed as answer by KarthikeyanVKMVP Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by wakefun Friday, September 6, 2019 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi wakefun,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please try to create a new solution without transformation extension and check if this issue persists or not? It can help us this issue only happens to this specific project tor relates to the transformation extension.

>> I need to manually deleted any existing Bin or Obj fodler before initating a new build.

We can try to use the pre-build event to clean up those folders with the command like RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder"

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:52 AM
  • Hello,

It happens only when using tranformation extension

For time beeing I have used pre build event to delecte bin and obj folder, but woul likt to avoid this. any idea what is the issue with extension and existing build ?

regards

Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Hi wakefun,

It seems this issue is relates to the transformation extension, which is a third party extension, please try to consult with the owner of this extension to seek for a better support, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

Sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

• Marked as answer by wakefun Friday, October 19, 2018 1:34 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Try this link, where you need to remove the Itemgroup from your <g class="gr_ gr_44 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="44" id="44">Csproj</g> file. Worked for me

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e79fa15-e409-4347-8d2f-3ba92f2e8e20/error-during-clickonce-publishing?forum=wpf

• Edited by KarthikeyanVKMVP Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM
    • Proposed as answer by KarthikeyanVKMVP Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by wakefun Friday, September 6, 2019 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:32 AM