vb.net 2010 new project RRS feed

• Question

• In a vb.net 2010 desktop application, I am creating a setup and deployment project for the application. I do not want to create a click once deployment project, since this application is going to be entirely rewritten soon. 

Thus can you tell me if this setup and deployment project should be part of the solution file for the current application or be a separate solution file? I am asking this question since I am deciding if I will be storing the setup and deployment project in TFS (version control) or not.

From what I have seen of programmers in the past, they do not seem to place setup and deployment projects in TFS.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:33 PM

Answers

• Hi scamper_cat,

-->Thus can you tell me if this setup and deployment project should be part of the solution file for the current application or be a separate solution file?

The setup and deployment project is part of the solution file. In this solution you could have the setup file and the application at the same time.

And To the question "If the setup project can place in TFS?", You could post it in TFS forum for help. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by scamper_cat Wednesday, June 17, 2015 3:17 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:10 AM