How do I change the size, and display added columns in an AddEdit Screen in a Lightswitch HTML project? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a "Common Screen Set" in VS Lightswitch 2015 html project. I also added a button to the Browse screen to launch the AddEdit in the Common Set. As each record has about 30 fields to add, I customized the AddEdit screen to have three columns. However, only the Left hand column and the fields that are in it show up. How do make the AddEdit screen larger than the default screen size so that all three columns appear? How do I display the middle and right hand columns?
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 3:49 PM

Answers

• Also...

/* dialog frame */
    .msls-dialog-frame { max-width: 620px;}

Put that in your user-customization.css file. I usually increase the width and height of the dialogs as we mostly development HTML client apps for use on larger form factors such as desktops and laptops with large monitors.

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by mark269 Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:37 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:08 AM

All replies

• The elements will be there. If you set the height of the parent container of the 3 column groups to 'stretch to container' then you should at least get a vertical scrollbar.

You need to fiddle with the widths of the 3 column groups. If you set them to 'fixed' and a pixel size less than 1/3rd of the container it will be a start.

Hopefully that will get you started.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:03 AM
  • Also...

/* dialog frame */
    .msls-dialog-frame { max-width: 620px;}

Put that in your user-customization.css file. I usually increase the width and height of the dialogs as we mostly development HTML client apps for use on larger form factors such as desktops and laptops with large monitors.

Dave

• Marked as answer by mark269 Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:37 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:08 AM
  • Both solutions were helpful.  Thank you.
    Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:37 PM
  • In addition to Dave's solutions, I'd posted a different method against your following stackoverflow question:

How do I change the screen size in a Lightswitch html project

This alternative approach may be useful if you need to dynamically determine the size of the dialog.

HTH,

Chris

Saturday, July 9, 2016 10:12 PM