none
I can't login to visual studio community 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Title is the everything i want to ask.

i have a MS account include visual studio team service, and i installed VS community that can use in free if just login as MS account.

If i try to login to VS as MS, it show to me the message 'can't renew account's license proof because an error'(in korean).

What am i try to login to VS?

Saturday, May 27, 2017 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please click Help->Register product, then click “sign in” to sign in to visual studio. After this, you could connect to visual studio Team Service in Team Explorer. Click connect and add the account.

If you still can't sign in visual studio, navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\community\Common7\IDE), and run the following commands:

• devenv.exe /resetsettings, it will restore Visual Studio default settings. Optionally resets the settings to the specified .vssettings file.
    • devenv.exe /resetuserdata, it will take a couple of minutes to run as Visual Studio cleans up and sets itself back to its original state.

If all doesn't work, changing account to sign in and check if the issue is related to visual studio itself or your account.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 5:58 AM