none
How to make an ExpressionTextBox wrap text on overflow RRS feed

• Question

• Normally, when you type inside an ExpressionTextBox in a custom ActivityDesigner, the ExpressionTextBox doesn't wrap (break into multiple lines) when the line is full. Even when I set a maximum width, it still doesn't wrap text. However, ExpressionTextBox does support multiple lines, I can add a new line by typing enter.

Is there any way to make it wrap text automatically on overflow? Unlike TextBlock, it doesn't have the TextWrapping property.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:50 AM

Answers

• Hi, Louis

->"Is there any way to make it wrap text automatically on overflow? Unlike TextBlock, it doesn't have the TextWrapping property."
    Currently,as far as I know, WF4 ExpressionTextBox don't have this feature . We may have this feature or even a powerful Expression Activity in the VNext. I will send a feedback to the related people.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 Cookbook
    • Marked as answer by Louis Rhys Monday, April 18, 2011 8:30 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Louis,

Yes you can enable the word wrap. 

Go to Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> All languages -> General, check "Word wrap".

You can also check the "Show visual glyphs for word wrap".

Thanks

Jian

Friday, April 15, 2011 2:37 AM
  • Sorry, what I meant was word wrap for an ExpressionTextBox in a custom activity designer in a rehosted workflow designer.
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:35 AM
  • Hi, Louis

->"Is there any way to make it wrap text automatically on overflow? Unlike TextBlock, it doesn't have the TextWrapping property."
    Currently,as far as I know, WF4 ExpressionTextBox don't have this feature . We may have this feature or even a powerful Expression Activity in the VNext. I will send a feedback to the related people.

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. My Blog: http://xhinker.com
    • Marked as answer by Louis Rhys Monday, April 18, 2011 8:30 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

That's a pity, but thanks for confirming this and for sending the feedback! What is the VNext, by the way?

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:38 AM
  • vNext means version next. it could be .NET 4.5 or .NET 5.0

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 18, 2011 5:48 AM