none
Deleting Files in SharePoint through Visual Studio Web Performance Test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm trying to delete a file from sharepoint using a Web Performance Test from Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 and i'm not able to do it.
    I guess that when you upload a file, the ID of the file is unique and is built with the date of the update.
    I also tried to upload a file and in the same test delete it,  but I don't know why, Visual Studio is not able to scan the recording and store the dynamic parameter (ID of the file) necessary to delete it.

What should I do to be able to delete a file from SharePoint using tests recorded through Visual Studio?

Monday, July 24, 2017 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Test Me 4 Real,

You are using Coded UI Test to record the file upload and delete in Web Performance Test, is it right?

Coded UI capture UI element based on its search properties, so it will not store the dynamic parameter (ID of the file) unless it is one of the search properties. If the ID is not a search property of the recording, please configure it based on following blog.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devops/2012/12/09/coded-ui-test-configuring-search-properties-while-recording-on-internet-explorer/

Then please find this record with the ID search property and delete it.

If the ID is already as a search property, please check the recorded code to make sure it has recorded by the Coded UI Builder. Otherwise, please edit the recorded code to add the ID property.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Test Me 4 Real,

You are using Coded UI Test to record the file upload and delete in Web Performance Test, is it right?

Coded UI capture UI element based on its search properties, so it will not store the dynamic parameter (ID of the file) unless it is one of the search properties. If the ID is not a search property of the recording, please configure it based on following blog.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/devops/2012/12/09/coded-ui-test-configuring-search-properties-while-recording-on-internet-explorer/

Then please find this record with the ID search property and delete it.

If the ID is already as a search property, please check the recorded code to make sure it has recorded by the Coded UI Builder. Otherwise, please edit the recorded code to add the ID property.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:27 AM
  • Hi Test Me 4 Real,

How about your problem? Do you have any updates?

If you have resolved your problem, please share your solution here and mark the helpful reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any updates for this problem, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 5:48 AM