TF80070 when trying to refresh items on TFS2012 with Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We are using TFS2012 with Project 2013 pro. I have successfully worked with this combination for serveral years and never encountered this error. Now I have on project file where I get TF80070 when I try to refresh the task items.

It has something to do that TFS integration is trying to delete items before it inserts new ones. When I answer 'No' when asked if the items may be deleted I get this result:

WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:18:53.989, 37578 ms, General] 
    {
    Exception:  {
    Exception Message: Der angegebene Schlüssel war nicht im Wörterbuch angegeben. (type KeyNotFoundException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.GetTaskFromNode(TreeNode node)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.AreNodesOutOfOrder(List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.OrderNodes(ELeadTree tree, List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.SetIndents(ELeadTree tree, List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.DoInsertWorkItems(ICollection workItems, Boolean refresh)
     }
    }
    WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:18:54.308, 37897 ms, General] 
    {
    Exception Message: Der angegebene Schlüssel war nicht im Wörterbuch angegeben. (type KeyNotFoundException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.GetTaskFromNode(TreeNode node)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.AreNodesOutOfOrder(List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.OrderNodes(ELeadTree tree, List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.SetIndents(ELeadTree tree, List`1 nodes)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.DoInsertWorkItems(ICollection workItems, Boolean refresh)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.Sync(Boolean publishToDB)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.Refresh(Boolean promptOverwrite)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ProjectCommands.Refresh(Boolean promptOverwrite)
     }
    }
    WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:18:54.309, 37898 ms, General] TF80070: Team Foundation encountered an error while performing the operation. It is recommended that you save your work and restart the application.

When I answer 'Yes' I get this result:

WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:48:29.147, 1812736 ms, General] 
    {
    Exception Message: Unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten. (type COMException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    bei System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
       bei Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject._MSProject.RowDelete()
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.RemoveBlankTasks()
     }
    }
    WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:48:29.338, 1812927 ms, General] 
    {
    Exception Message: Unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten. (type COMException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    bei System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
       bei Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject._MSProject.RowDelete()
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.RemoveBlankTasks()
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.Sync(Boolean publishToDB)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ELeadProjectPlan.Refresh(Boolean promptOverwrite)
       bei Microsoft.TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Client.ProjectCommands.Refresh(Boolean promptOverwrite)
     }
    }
    WINPROJ.EXE Error: 0 : [Error, PID 5800, TID 11160, 2017/11/03 13:48:29.340, 1812929 ms, General] TF82039: Team Foundation was unable to modify the project plan.
    Please fix the problem and try again.

Friday, November 3, 2017 1:55 PM

Answers

• I solved the problem now by creating a new blank project file where I copied all tasks without TFS synchronization using the clipboard and imported all tasks from TFS with synchronization.
    Monday, November 27, 2017 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefan,

Are you able to reproduce this issue if you create a blank project?

Are you able to modify the items?

The error indicates some key was not specified, have you checked this error message?

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 6, 2017 8:28 AM
  • Hi Xinxin,

In a blank project no error occurs, it has to do with my data.

I can modify the items in Project an in TFS, but when I try to refresh in Project the error occurs.

I think Project tries to update/delete a task that is not managed by the addin, but I am unable to correct the data in the file.

Regards

Stefan

Monday, November 6, 2017 11:51 AM
  • If the issue  occurs with the tasks,  you could check if  there were duplicate work ids. Please do below ways to narrow the issue:

Searching for Project Tasks with duplicate work ids (by exporting to excel and using a pivot table to detect work item ids that had more than 1 task)

If there are , then deleting the work ID value for one of the tasks(also deleted task type and publish and refresh),Closing and re-opening project.

You could also check the even view in TFS server, if there are some error info to help troubleshooting the issue.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:36 AM
  • I solved the problem now by creating a new blank project file where I copied all tasks without TFS synchronization using the clipboard and imported all tasks from TFS with synchronization.
    Monday, November 27, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Hi Stefan,

Great to hear the problem is solved. Please accept it as answer to close this case.

Best regards,

Monday, November 27, 2017 8:47 AM