none
Suggestion on installing nuget package RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install a nuget package which is build up on higher version then 4.0 .Net framework.

But My existing solution is build up on 3.5 .Net framework version.

When i am trying to install nuget package into my solution i get below error.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Could not install package 'Iit.Symantec.Communication 2.1.3'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v3.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author. 0

CAn anyone please suggest something on this.

/Sanjay

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi joshi sanjay,

Thank you for posting here.

According to the error message, you should use higher version then 4.0 .Net framework to install this package. This package is not compatible with .net framework 3.5

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:26 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the reply.

Based on your suggestion , i assuming that i will have to build my solution for higher .net framework ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

/Sanjay  

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Hi joshi sanjay,

Thank you for posting here.

Try to build on higher .net framework. 

If you have something else about this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Stanly Fan Friday, February 1, 2019 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 6:16 AM