none
Where do I find MSSMBios_RawSMBiosTables class RRS feed

• Question

• I need to write an app which accesses RAW SMBios data.
    I was told that this class (MSSMBios_RawSMBiosTables) will help me and that it resides in the root\wmi namespace.

My questions is I cannot find that class using the Object Browser of VS2008.
    I also cannot find something that resembles that to add under my "References".

Thanks a lot!

Russell

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it is. -Wayne Gretzky
    • Moved by nobugzModerator Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:21 PM not clr (Moved from Common Language Runtime to .NET Base Class Library)
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:33 PM

Answers

• You'd better check if you have a provider for that WMI class first.  It is not exactly standard.  Browse the WMI namespaces with this tool.  If it is not there, you'll have to call your BIOS or motherboard manufacturer.  Save your quarters right now, it will probably be a killer long-distance call.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:07 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:57 PM

All replies

• Use WMI.
    Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:19 PM
  • nobugz said:

Use WMI.

Hans Passant.

That is what I thought, I am just having problems finiding that class within WMI.

What reference do I need to add to my C# project, and what "Using ..." should I put at the top.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it is. -Wayne Gretzky
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:25 PM
  • You'd better check if you have a provider for that WMI class first.  It is not exactly standard.  Browse the WMI namespaces with this tool.  If it is not there, you'll have to call your BIOS or motherboard manufacturer.  Save your quarters right now, it will probably be a killer long-distance call.
    Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, September 9, 2008 9:07 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:57 PM