none
Unable to associate Selenium Automation Script with MTM RRS feed

• Question

• We are switching from Coded UI to Selenium to run our automated test cases. I have completed my first Selenium automated test script. When I try, however, to associate the Selenium C# test script with a test case in Microsoft Test Manager script does not show. The process I used in the past with Coded UI was after completing the code, I clicked on the project and add it to Source Control. Afterwards, I would go to the Team Explorer, and type in the test case number that I wanted to associate the script with. When the case is pulled up, I would go to the Associated Automation Tab, and click on the box with ... on the right. From there the Choose Test page would appear and allow me to select the script I would like to associate. For my Selenium test script its blank. How can I associate my Selenium script to a test case in Microsoft Test Manager?

Note: I have also tried building, and rebuilding the solution, checking in the changes, adding it to the build definition, and kicking off a new build. Also I have tried going to the method itself, right-clicking on it and choosing Associate to Test Case. When I do that all I get it a page not found error.

Example Below:

After adding the case to Source Control, I go to Team Explorer and type in the test number number I want to associate the Selenium Test script with.

After clicking on the ...  to the right, 

Blank Choose Test Page

Doing that same test process with one of my Coded UI scripts it would show like this to associate it to the MTM test case:

KJ

• Edited by KJ_5000 Monday, August 26, 2019 7:33 PM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi KJ_5000,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As far as I know, the ability to associate automation is currently limited to MSTest v1, so please open nuget manger, and uninstall MSTest.TestAdapter and MSTest.TestFramework, then add single reference "Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework" into your project, then check if it could be added.

Note: please follow below picture to refer it:

Besides, you could also right-click your test project in test explorer, then select "Associate it with test case".

Please refer more details about: Automate a test case in Microsoft Test Manager  and Associate automated tests with test cases

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Dylan, downloading the correct Test Framework, worked like a charm!! Thanks!!!

KJ

Monday, September 9, 2019 3:14 PM