C# application to play MP3 files on Bluetooth speaker connected to laptop

General discussion

• I am trying to write a simple C# laptop application that will connect to an external Bluetooth speaker and then stream MP3 files to that device. This is much the same functionality that is available manually on Windows 10 which allows you to "Cast To Device" a list of MP3 files. The device being a speaker which was previously added using the Bluetooth & other Devices settings. This process allows a user to open what appears to be a Windows Media Player specifically set up to cast MP3 files to a connected Bluetooth speaker. I works great, but it's manual. I want to write a C# program to automate the process.

I have hunted for a solution to this particular problem, but have not found anything that quite solves this problem. I have written lots of little programs in C#. I do not know how complicated this is, but judging from the fact that I have not found anything that fits the bill, I am guessing it's not very straightforward, but I would still like to try doing this. Please help. Thanks

Tuesday, January 02, 2018 6:05 PM

All replies

• Just updating my progress on this project. I have found some code which is able to find the Bluetooth speaker providing its name and address. But have yet to find a way to cast or stream the MP3 file to the speaker. Please help. Thanks.
    Wednesday, January 03, 2018 6:49 PM