none
The Visual Studio Remote Debugger on the remote computer is running RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to attach to a running process on another server from within my VS 2015 client machine.

I'm getting this error:   The Visual Studio Remote Debugger other remote computer is running as a different user.

The debugger on the remote machine is set up as a service.  

I've followed based on information on msdn link "Configure the remote debugger as a service".

Any ideas?

• Moved by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:11 AM more related to VS Debug
    Monday, April 18, 2016 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi ZosoZoso,

>>The Visual Studio Remote Debugger other remote computer is running as a different user.

Like this document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x55720wd.aspx

This message occurs when you are debugging in No Authentication mode and the user who started msvsmon is not the user who is running Visual Studio.

The solution: The safest and best solution is to run the Remote Debugging Monitor (msvsmon.exe) under the same user account as Visual Studio. If you cannot do that, you can run Remote Debugging Monitor under the other account with the Allow any user to debug option selected in the Remote Debugging Monitor Options dialog box.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi ZosoZoso,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Sine your problem is more related to Visual Studio Debug, I help you move this thread to Debug forum for a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Weiwei Cai Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Hi ZosoZoso,

>>The Visual Studio Remote Debugger other remote computer is running as a different user.

Like this document here:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x55720wd.aspx

This message occurs when you are debugging in No Authentication mode and the user who started msvsmon is not the user who is running Visual Studio.

The solution: The safest and best solution is to run the Remote Debugging Monitor (msvsmon.exe) under the same user account as Visual Studio. If you cannot do that, you can run Remote Debugging Monitor under the other account with the Allow any user to debug option selected in the Remote Debugging Monitor Options dialog box.

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:52 AM