TF86001 Error TFS Excel Add In

Question

• Hi there,

im using Office 365 Professional Plus (2016) and Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 on a Windows 10 machine. When opening a TFS query from VS in Excel i'm getting error TF400422:

TF400422: Failed to open in Microsoft Excel: Error loading type library/Dll.

and when clicking "new list" from the team-tab in excel i'm getting error TF86001:

TF86001: Team Foundation was unable to load the Office Add-in. This may be caused by a Team Foundation Client installation problem orlack of .NET Programmability Support in the Office Application.

I googled the error-codes but nothing helped, expecially in case of my software versions.

Thanks in advance.

Vinc

• Edited by Vincenz2 Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:00 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 2:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Vinc,

First, please check TFS Excel Add-in in registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Wow6432Node\Excel\Addins\TFCOfficeShim.Connect. if there are many TFS Excel Add-in, please set LoadBehavior to 0 of others, just let the newer set to 3. (e.g. TFCOfficeShim.Connect.14)

Secondly, please try to repair of Office. If that doesn’t fix the problem, try a repair of Visual Studio.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinc,

First, please check TFS Excel Add-in in registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\Wow6432Node\Excel\Addins\TFCOfficeShim.Connect. if there are many TFS Excel Add-in, please set LoadBehavior to 0 of others, just let the newer set to 3. (e.g. TFCOfficeShim.Connect.14)

Secondly, please try to repair of Office. If that doesn’t fix the problem, try a repair of Visual Studio.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hey Starain,

thanks for the quick answer! Unfortunately there is no Visio node in my registry. I already repaired both programs.

Best

Vinc

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:12 PM
  • Hi Vincenz2,

Sorry, it is Excel node.

On the other hand, if it still have the issue after you repair office and visual studio, please uninstall them, then reinstall Office and VS.

Regards

Starain

Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:48 AM
  • Same problem. Reinstalled Office 365, six times? perhaps more...same for Visual Studio 2015 and thousand of tools and allways same result.

Time arruined, frustration and anger is the result with Microsoft products.

I regret my time and money getting MS Certifications, I have 15. It's a joke that in such certifications demand things they never comply.

Thursday, November 30, 2017 5:45 AM