none
LoadLibrary module not found only on windows server RRS feed

• Question

• on my pc all is well, but on windows server(windows 10 and windows server 2016 have the same issue) some dll can not run with LoadLibiary, my dll contains boost asio and websocket++
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:16 AM

All replies

• I'm so confused why it's different between pc and windows server. I try to test load simple dll with LoadLibiary, all is fine, but my dll just return null and get error "the specific module not found". Even weirder my pc(win10) doesn't have the issue. But my dll must be able to running on the server.
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:27 AM
  • I'm so confused why it's different between pc and windows server. I try to test load simple dll with LoadLibiary, all is fine, but my dll just return null and get error "the specific module not found". Even weirder my pc(win10) doesn't have the issue. But my dll must be able to running on the server.

This sounds like your dll has dependencies on other dlls that are present on the pc where all is well but that are missing from the systems where you receive the error "the specified module could not be found".

Did you install the relevant VC++ runtime files on all the systems?

Are you using RunDll32?

An updated tool to check for missing dependencies can be found at https://github.com/lucasg/Dependencies

The old tool, depends.exe, has not been updated for many years and does not understand windows API sets.

• Edited by RLWA32 Saturday, October 19, 2019 11:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Guido Franzke Monday, October 21, 2019 10:09 AM
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 11:33 AM