none
ClickOnce and Silent mode installation

Question

• Hello all,

How can make an ClickOnce installation package without any userinteraction which I believe is called

silent mode?

Please, can anyone tell how to do it.

Cheers,

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi Jack,

you can call VSTOInstaller directly with the /i /s flags for a silent installation.  however, this method of installation (without using the Setup.exe generated by ClickOnce) does NOT check for or install any prerequisites.  you will have to install .NET FX 3.5, VSTO 3.0 runtime, and the Office 2007 primary interop assemblies before you run VSTOInstaller.

for more information, see Customizing Office Solution Installation (2007 System).

m.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Thanks for your reply! It helped a lot.

One thing is still bothering. When VSTOInstaller installs Word Add-In which uses certificate file, were should I put that certification file so, that VSTOInstaller finds it.

Any one know this?

Cheers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 7:13 AM
  • hi Jack,

to avoid seeing the ClickOnce trust prompt, the certificate used to sign the manifests should be trusted at an enterprise or machine level. 

How to: Add a Trusted Publisher to a Client Computer for ClickOnce Applications has details on how to use the certificate manager to install the certificate to the machine level.

m.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:12 PM
  •  

Thanks!

Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:10 AM
  • Hi Mary Lee,

I have an addin application and i want to a silent install for it. I have faced this problem and i came into your solution. I read and agreed that is good. 

But i want to install this project to all 4000 user's computer silently. i could not follow this steps for all those users. Is there any manner for getting this issure.

Pls. share with us.

Thank you for all regards.

Hamit YILDIRIM
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:32 PM
  • Are you oke
    Hamit YILDIRIM
    Monday, October 11, 2010 8:04 AM