none
Discover test finished: 0 found RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Web API Project using the .NET Framework and VS 2017 (15.4.2). I also created a Unit Test project for the Web API project. Initially I was able to run and debug all the unit tests that were created. A few days ago, I noticed that the tests stopped being discoverable. 

I checked and found that I had an older version of MSTest.TestFramework and MSTest.TestAdapter. I upgraded them through Nuget. I still cant discover any of my tests.

I tried removing the test class from my UnitTest project and recreate a new one. It still did not help. I also removed the entire project and recreated the project inside my solution. It still cant discover any tests. Am I missing something obvious?

Narasimham

Monday, November 6, 2017 9:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Narasimham,

Thanks for your posting.

Please create a new project with unit test to see if it could be found this time.

If the new test could be found, please delete 

%Temp%\VisualStudioTestExplorerExtensions

and see.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by NarasimhamAVSL Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:27 PM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Narasimham,

Thanks for your posting.

Please create a new project with unit test to see if it could be found this time.

If the new test could be found, please delete 

%Temp%\VisualStudioTestExplorerExtensions

and see.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, November 8, 2017 9:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by NarasimhamAVSL Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:27 PM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 3:28 AM
  • Thank you. That worked. I cleared out the %Temp%/VisualStudioTestExplorerExtensions as well as creating new Unit Test projects and it helped. 

Narasimham

Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:28 PM