none
How to executed CodedUI tests sequentially in multiple machines RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
     Need to test a desktop app, which is very similar to Lync (Skype for Business). In single test, call should be initiated from Machine A and call should be accepted by Machine B. Divided single test as two tests. First test should be executed from machine A and then (sequentially) second test should be executed from machine B.

I was trying load test and still unable to set test execution per agent wise. Any solution to execute tests in distributed way??

Thanks,
     Palani
    Monday, October 2, 2017 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Palani,

I'm afraid that you could not distribute one Coded UI Test on different machine. Because one Coded UI Test only records the actions on one UI interface. It could not record the actions on two machine.

So I suggest you create two Coded UI Test, one is record the Machine A actions and another is record Machine B actions. You could add a condition for the Coded UI Test on Machine B, such as wait for a control that will display when a call comes in. Only the control which indicate a call comes in appear, then the Coded UI Test on Machine B start execute.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:22 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

Thanks for your response. It will not solve the problem. Similar to that I have 200 test scenarios to automate.

I hope that test agent / psexec will help that.

- Palani

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Hi Palani,

According to your requirement, you are testing two clients on two machines. I'm afraid that you could not implement it with Coded UI. Because the Test agent only deploy one Coded UI Test to multiple machines. But in your situation, you need to two Coded UI Test to test two clients.

If you just want to test the response action when a call come in, I suggest you write invoke the call function in your Coded UI Test method to simulate the client A to call the client B. And then you just need to record the actions on client B on different machine.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:59 AM