none
How do I report a problem with Visual Studio? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Visual Studio offline, so I cannot Report a Problem in the normal way.

I tried the "Access my subscription" button on the email I recently received from Microsoft. On "My Visual Studio" page, I clicked on the Technical Support "Chat to Activate" Link and waited for ages. After waiting for over 60 minutes, I gave up on that.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Russell Thamm,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

You can report a problem from either Visual Studio or its installer by using the Feedback Tool included in them. Please run VS and in IDE, you can see Help > Send Feedback > Report a ProblemMore, report a problem in Visual Studio Installer if you can't install Visual Studio or are unable to access the feedback tool within Visual Studio. In the Installer, select the feedback icon in the upper-right corner and select Report a Problem. 

More info please have a look with Docs: how to report a problem with Visual Studio or Visual Studio installer.

Please feel free to let me know if it unblocks you.

Best

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:44 AM
  • Hi friend,

Did you "report a problem" successful? would I wonder whether my reply is helpful for you? If it is, please mark it as answer and I will close this issue, then it would be displayed in our forum as a solved thread.

Thank you for your time and have a nice night~

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, April 19, 2019 6:25 AM
  • I am running Visual Studio OFFLINE! That means that I cannot access the Internet from Visual Studio!!

So, no your reply was not helpful.

Friday, April 26, 2019 3:21 AM
  • Hi Russell Thamm,

Sorry for the relay delays.

Could you describe this issue for us? I am willing to report this issue for you and share the issue link here.

May

Sunday, May 5, 2019 3:00 AM