none
Installing Visual Studio 2015 Community edition RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Visual Studio 2015 Community edition (vs_community_ENU__1838067779.1463047052.exe) on Windows 7, x86, and I get the following error message:

Please provide a location to search for the packages:

C:\Users\x85397\AppData\Local\Temp\{124F2261-D7B7-43A7-AAEF-073DE33FFA28}\packages\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe

Does somebody know, how to resolve this problem?

Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hi pappasa,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum。

Before installing VS, please check your Windows update already up to date, installing Win 7 SP1.

Then try the following steps:

1. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer) for Windows 7 SP1

2. Download ISO file of visual studio 2015 here.

3. To verify the integrity of the ISO file, please use the FCIV.exe tool to check the SHA1 value of the ISO, the expected value comes from here, any discrepancy means the ISO is corrupted.

4. After making sure the ISO is ok, please mount it to repair and re-install your VS again.

If the above doesn't help, you'd better use  http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the installation logs. find vslogs.zip from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here. I will help you find the root cause according to the log file.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Hi pappasa,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Thanks,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:42 AM