How do I access Visual FoxPro DBF files from LightSwitch application? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new LightSwitch apps developer.

I have a big DBF file that contains VFP data table.

I would like to add it as data source to my LightSwitch application.

Is it possible?

I've seen that it is possible to add several types of data sources to the project. For example using the OData Service.

However, I couldn't find any support for VFP DBF files.

Am I missing something?

Many thanks,

Dudi.

Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The latest visual studio lightswitch 2013 supports some external datasource like: SQL Server, SharePoint,OData Service,WCF RIA Service.

VPF is not supported in lightswitch. You could try to use above external datasource.

Thanks for your understanding .

Here is an article which could give you some help.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/18ddf7/different-ways-of-attaching-to-external-data-source-in-light/

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, December 5, 2014 2:46 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The latest visual studio lightswitch 2013 supports some external datasource like: SQL Server, SharePoint,OData Service,WCF RIA Service.

VPF is not supported in lightswitch. You could try to use above external datasource.

Thanks for your understanding .

Here is an article which could give you some help.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/18ddf7/different-ways-of-attaching-to-external-data-source-in-light/

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, December 5, 2014 2:46 AM
    Monday, December 1, 2014 7:47 AM
  • The solution I found was to write an external program that access the DBF file and loads its content to the SQL server database.
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:41 PM