none
Unable to load the CLR RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to convert a VS.net 2003, .net platform 1.1.4322 project to VS.NET 2005 and .net platform 2.0.50727, I got the error:
    quote:
    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start program “…….\ODSource-3.6.10\bin\debug\OpenDental.exe”
    Unable to load the CLR. If a CLR version was specified for debugging, check that it was valid and installed on the machine. If the problem persists, please repair your Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 installation via “Add and Remove Programs” in Control Panel.

If I run the exe file in /bin/debug folder I get the message:
    quote:
    To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET framework: v1.1.4322.
    Contact your application publisher for instruction about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET framework.

Would you please how me how to overcome this problem?
    Thanks,
    Minh
    Friday, December 1, 2006 10:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have hard-coded references to .NET 1.1 CLR assemblies?

Monday, December 4, 2006 3:49 PM
  • I met the same problem, and I found this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>

<startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup></configuration>

My VS2008 can not run the exe. I found my MSBuild is 3.5.

• Edited by jink2005 Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:05 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Assuming you have the full solution from VS 2003, did you open the solution in VS 2005 and allow the Upgrade Wizard to convert it to VS 2005?

If you did, were there any error messages or warnings? As VS 2005 can target ONLY .NET Framework 2.0, the converted solution should target 2.0, or show errors that require you to make manual changes.

If you ran the Upgrade Wizard successfully on this solution, you should then rebuild the entire solution, save all, then close VS 2005 and reopen it with the converted solution. After doing that, does the error message still appear?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:46 PM