none
Accessing programmatically to "Debug Source Files" of a solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to access the "Debug Source Files" vie DTE automation (or somehow else).

I have spent about a half of a day for an investigation and could't find a solution.

Does anybody know how to do this?

I have tried couple things but I think that I looked in a wrong place.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Nikolay,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Maybe you can try Solution4.Properties to check if it helps to access Debug Source Files option. 

Also, since this document describes how to activate your solution load manager by setting one of solution properties, hope it helps.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:58 AM
  • Hi Lance,

That didn't really led to any solution, however I have found another (I think it will help me getting what I want).

SVsSolution solutionService;
                    IVsSolution solutionInterface;
                    object value = null;

// Get the Solution service
                    solutionService = (SVsSolution)ServiceProvider.GlobalProvider.GetService(typeof(SVsSolution));

// Get the Solution interface of the Solution service
                    solutionInterface = solutionService as IVsSolution;
                    solutionInterface.GetProperty((int)__VSPROPID.VSPROPID_SolutionPropertyPages, out solPage);

The 'solPage' is the CLSID of the property page I need (potentially). 

So, now the question is a little bit different: How do I get the property page if I have its' CLSID?

I will appreciate any suggest.

Regards,

Nikolay.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:00 PM
  • Hi Nikolay,

There is no automation or programmatic access points for this particular property page. I've seen this request surface every few years. I submitted a feature request for the same probably 5 years back, but it never seemed to get any traction. Best recommendation I can make is to submit a feature request here:

Developer Community
    The more folks to vote on it, the better the chances the debugger team will make it a priority to implement.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:37 PM