none
Cordova to UWP app calling RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to call the uwp app from cordova but before calling I installed the UWP app and then with the help of URI i am able to call the UWP app and it is coming or other way i have to include the dll in runtime and then calling the sealed classof UWP  i.e. APP and then It will install automatically the UWP app on function call of runtime

but my requirement is no need to install UWP app and while click on button that cordova app will appear . But that uwp will not come in the app list.

Is it possible please let me know as soon as possible

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>but my requirement is no need to install UWP app and while click on button that cordova app will appear . But that uwp will not come in the app list.

By that if you mean you want the cordova app to call an uninstalled UWP App. As far as I know it is not possible to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Monday, February 27, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Is it possible for you to provide more information on this . I want some solid reason for this query
    Monday, February 27, 2017 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

If you refer to the last sentence of https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn975273.aspx 

you can find the following statement:

>>After you create your Universal Windows app, you must package your app to install it on a Windows 10 device or submit it to the Windows Store.

Generally, all the uwp apps should be acquired from the windows store, but users can also deploy apps through Side-Loading. But to run a Side-Loading app, installing the app is also required.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:42 AM